Did you know that 90% of those who have no permanent teeth have dentures? When floating dentures occur, people struggle with their day-to-day life. Luckily, there is an innovative technology that can more easily solve this problem—mini dental implants.
At Hope Dental, Dr. Ras and his team have the technology and skills to fix your moving dentures. Using the efficient mini implant placement procedure, Dr. Ras can anchor your smile to help boost your self-confidence.
What Are Floating Dentures?
Unfortunately, many people experience floating dentures and the issues that come with them. Floating dentures refer to traditional, removable dentures, often lower dentures, that lack proper support and stability in the mouth. This floating sensation occurs for a few reasons:
- Loss of natural teeth: When most or all of your natural teeth are missing, traditional dentures have less support and stability.
- Jawbone resorption: Over time, the jawbone can resorb or shrink, altering the shape of the jaw and making it challenging for dentures to fit securely.
- Gum tissue changes: Changes in gum tissue due to tooth loss can affect how well dentures stay in place.
Problems Caused by Floating Dentures
Sliding dentures can significantly impact your daily life. Unfortunately, they lead to various issues, including:
- Discomfort: Constant movement and rubbing against the gums can cause sore spots and discomfort.
- Difficulty chewing: Instability makes it challenging to chew food effectively.
- Speech issues: Slippage can affect speech clarity and confidence during conversations.
- Self-consciousness: Fear of denture movement may make you self-conscious, which can impact social interactions.
- Limited diet: Difficulty eating certain foods may result in a restricted diet and ultimately affect your nutrition.
Fortunately, there’s a remedy to these problems—mini dental implants.
Mini Dental Implants
Mini dental implants offer a reliable and effective solution to the problems caused by floating dentures through stabilization. Here’s what you should know:
- Minimally invasive placement: Mini dental implants are securely placed in the jawbone during a minimally invasive procedure. These small titanium posts are stable anchors for dentures.
- Newfound support: Mini implants provide the support needed to prevent dentures from moving or floating. They create a firm foundation for your replacement teeth.
- Enhanced stability: Dentures are attached to the mini implants using a secure ball-and-socket mechanism. This connection ensures they stay firmly in place.
- Improved comfort: They fit securely, reducing friction and irritation. This means no more sore spots or discomfort.
- Enhanced chewing: Secure dentures provide stability during meals, so you can enjoy a wider range of foods and improve chewing efficiency.
- Restored confidence: Your new dentures won’t unexpectedly move. You’ll experience improved speech clarity and regain your confidence in social situations.
- No more adhesive: Messy adhesive creams and powders commonly used to secure traditional dentures are no longer needed with your new dentures.
Whether you’d like to stabilize an existing denture or are looking for a highly secure full-arch roundhouse bridge, we can help you achieve a secure smile.
The Hope Dental Difference
At Hope Dental, Dr. Ras and his dedicated team specialize in transforming the lives of patients struggling with floating dentures. With years of experience and a commitment to patient satisfaction, Dr. Ras offers personalized care and tailored treatment plans to ensure your comfort and satisfaction.
Don’t let floating dentures limit your quality of life any longer. Contact Dr. Ras at Hope Dental today and take the first step toward a more comfortable, confident future with mini dental implants.
Contact Us Today!
Mini dental implants are revolutionizing the world of dental restoration by offering a stable and comfortable solution to floating dentures. You can trust that your smile is in the hands of an experienced professional, Dr. Ras, who genuinely cares about your well-being.
You no longer have to live with the hardship of floating dentures. Contact Dr. Ras for your denture stabilization consultation today and anchor your smile!