If you are struggling with loose dentures, or you need dentures and are looking for options, you may have heard about implant dentures. Dental implants add unmatched stability for those who have lost their teeth and are seeking stable tooth replacement solutions. At Hope Dental, we leverage the power of innovative mini dental implants, which are ideal for those with low jawbone density from bone loss. These narrow implants are the foundation for mini implant dentures, a revolutionary tooth replacement solution.
Understanding Mini Dental Implants
Mini dental implants are half the size of a traditional dental implant: on average, mini implants measure less than 3 mm in diameter, while traditional implants measure 5 mm. That’s the difference between a toothpick and a pencil eraser.
It’s no surprise that mini implants are more suitable for individuals who have experienced bone loss in their jaw—something that happens naturally as we get older. As we age, our bodies lose more bone than they generate. This means that many older individuals are ineligible for traditional implant-retained dentures because they don’t have enough density in their jawbones to support the implants.
The narrower size is a significant advantage of mini implants.
What Are Mini Implant Dentures?
Mini implant dentures, sometimes called implant-retained dentures, are complete arches of artificial teeth that attach to mini dental implants. After Dr. Ras anchors the implants into the jawbone, they begin to fuse with the bone, creating a stable foundation for a denture. At Hope Dental, we provide options for patients seeking denture stability:
- Implant overdentures look similar to traditional dentures but attach securely to mini implants. You can remove these “snap-on dentures” at home for cleaning or to allow your mouth to rest. In some cases, we can retrofit existing dentures as long as they are in good condition.
- Semi-removable roundhouse bridges are zirconia bridges that replace a full arch of teeth with 6-10 mini implant anchors. Zirconia is the strongest ceramic material used in dentistry, allowing you to eat all your favorite foods with ease! Because they don’t need pink porcelain to mimic the appearance of your gums like traditional dentures do, they offer a seamless, natural look. This type of denture is also easy to maintain since you don’t need to remove it at home. Instead, Dr. Ras will remove the bridge for cleaning and inspection during your routine dental visits.
- Non-removable roundhouse bridges are the most secure option, as they are cemented onto 10-12 implants. These low-maintenance dentures are not removable, so you’ll care for them just as you would your natural teeth. They function just like natural teeth, too. Because of their unparalleled stability, they can last for decades.
By offering different options to suit each patient’s unique needs, we ensure that you have control over your denture experience. We will help you choose the mini implant dentures that suit your dental needs, preferences, and budget.
The Benefits of Mini Implant Stabilized Dentures
Implant stabilized dentures off many benefits, including:
- No more loose or floating dentures: Implant dentures provide enhanced stability, eliminating the discomfort of loose or floating dentures and the need for messy denture adhesives. Their precise fit allows you to speak, eat, and smile confidently.
- Preserve your jawbone’s health: Dental implants help maintain bone health by stimulating the jawbone, which triggers the body to generate new bone cells in that area. This process preserves your facial structure, preventing the sunken appearance associated with bone loss.
- Lasting security for dentures: Mini implant dentures are long-lasting and durable, ensuring you enjoy the benefits of a secure and reliable tooth replacement solution for years to come. Zirconia roundhouse bridges, especially, provide unmatched durability.
- Minimally invasive procedure: The minimally invasive placement of mini implant dentures involves a less intrusive procedure, reducing discomfort and promoting a quicker recovery.
- Immediate results: In many cases, Dr. Ras can place the mini implants and mount a temporary denture in one visit. With mini implant dentures, you experience immediate results, enabling you to return to your normal activities and enjoy an improved quality of life almost instantly.
These are just some of the advantages that mini implant dentures offer patients seeking more secure tooth replacement solutions. As an experienced implant dentist, Dr. Ras will explain all the benefits you can expect from implant dentures as he guides you toward the most satisfying option for your needs.
Secure Your Smile with Mini Implant Dentures
Mini implant dentures offer numerous advantages over traditional dentures. By providing enhanced stability, they eliminate issues of loose or floating dentures and allow for confident speaking, eating, and smiling. Additionally, mini implants help preserve bone health by stimulating the jawbone, are durable and long-lasting, involve minimally invasive placement, and offer immediate results with a quick recovery period. These benefits make mini implant-supported dentures an excellent option for those seeking a secure and efficient tooth replacement solution.
With 30 years of experience, Dr. Ras brings a wealth of expertise to design and implement personalized treatment plans for his diverse patients. As a lifelong learner, Dr. Ras is dedicated to mastering and offering the latest dental solutions, ensuring his patients receive the most up-to-date and effective treatment options for their dental needs.
If you’re ready to experience the advantages of mini implant dentures, contact our team to schedule your consultation.